Authorities say they are trying to determine what prompted a young girl to open fire at an East Idaho middle school, one of the few school shootings in which the suspect is female.
Latest Local News
POCATELLO — Police evacuated residents and shut down a Pocatello street on Friday after a possible explosive device was found in a home near City Hall.
A Utah man has been transferred to Idaho Falls after he was arrested in Florida for reportedly sexually abusing a child at a local daycare.
Bonneville County Sheriff’s Deputies and Idaho Falls Fire responded to a residence in the 500 N. block of Lakewood last Wednesday night to a reported disturbance and shooting. Dispatch received the call around 10:30 p.m. advising two men were involved in the disturbance, one of which was in…
IDAHO FALLS - A search warrant was executed in Shamrock Park on Thursday as part of the investigation into the Rigby Middle School shooting.
Pocatello-Chubbuck School District 25 is investigating a “promposal” posted on social media that included a racist comment.
MONTPELIER — A local man and well-known doctor is expected to be placed on probation after pleading guilty to voluntary manslaughter Thursday for fatally shooting his wife in the chest in this Bear Lake County city this past September.
The North Bannock Fire District is asking constituents of the district to vote to permanently add $316,000 to the department's current base tax levy of about $179,000 to keep the two-year-old fire department going.“As Fire District commissioners our responsibility is to represent our constit…
POCATELLO — An event promoter who is already in town promoting upcoming monster truck shows at the Bannock County Event Center fairgrounds has added a bonus third show to the schedule based on strong demand.
CALDWELL — A 2-year-old girl died Wednesday after being hit by a vehicle at a Caldwell car wash.
- Southern resident orca pod in best condition in decade
- Man sentenced to 20 years for shooting man to death
- 50 years ago, election ushered in new era for US tribes
- Idaho shooting: Very few school incidents committed by girls
- Lawsuit challenges Idaho's new ballot initiative process
- Idaho sets June execution date for Gerald Ross Pizzuto Jr.
- Police: 3 hurt in Florida mall shooting as shoppers scatter
- Rhode Island investigating death of man handcuffed by police
- Pandemic gives boost as more states move to digital IDs
- Election officials face fines, charges in GOP voting laws
- As US reopens, campuses tighten restrictions for virus
- States scale back vaccine orders as interest in shots wanes
Kenneth Jones pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter of Stephanie Eldredge and was sentenced nine years fixed and six years indeterminate, zero plus five years for destruction of evidence, and one year for obstruction to jail.