Egypt has spoken with Iran in efforts to revive Tehran's negotiations with the United States. Iran's president has claimed the world accepts that Tehran won the war since it controls the Strait of Hormuz and hasn't given in to U.S. demands. Meanwhile, the U.S. special envoy for Syria made remarks that appear to contradict Washington's official position on the Golan Heights. Other developments include an expected meeting between French President Emmanuel Macron and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on plans to bypass the strait. And Israel has struck a vehicle in Syria and a yard in Gaza.
FILE - President Donald Trump walks on the red carpet in the Rose Garden with Britain's King Charles III, Queen Camilla and first lady Melania Trump at White House, April 28, 2026, in Washington, during a State Visit. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File)
FILE - President Donald Trump walks on the red carpet in the Rose Garden with Britain's King Charles III, Queen Camilla and first lady Melania Trump at the White House, April 28, 2026, in Washington, during a State Visit. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File)
Prince Harry and six others, including Elton John, have been ordered to pay 9.5 million pounds to the publisher of Britain’s Daily Mail. This follows their failed invasion of privacy case. Justice Matthew Nicklin announced the payment is due by Aug. 28. The group lost a High Court case in London last month, which alleged illegal phone hacking. The publisher denied the claims. The judgment comes as Harry and his family plan to move back to the U.K. Harry’s legal battles have strained his relationships with his family and the media.
FILE - Britain's Prince Harry arrives at London's High Court to lead a group, including Elton John and Elizabeth Hurley, accusing the Daily Mail's publisher of privacy invasion through unlawful tactics in a trial that is part of a wider phone hacking scandal in London, Jan. 21, 2026. (AP Photo/Kirsty Wigglesworth, File)
FILE - Elton John performs at the final leg of his 'Farewell Yellow Brick Road' tour in Stockholm, July 8, 2023. (AP Photo/Caisa Rasmussen, File)
Prince Harry and 6 others ordered to pay initial $13 million to publisher of Daily Mail for legal fees over failed suit.
A question looms over Harry's return to the UK. Can he rebuild his relationship with Prince William?
The royal family’s long-running American soap opera is returning to Britain. The question is whether it will blossom into a happy reunion or descend into anger, division and chaos. Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, plan to return to the United Kingdom from California in a matter of weeks. They have already enrolled their children, 7-year-old Prince Archie and 5-year-old Princess Lilibet, in British schools so they can start the autumn term on time with their classmates. News of the surprise decision, which broke late Wednesday in stories published by the Telegraph and Sun newspapers, has sparked widespread discussion about where the couple will live, who will pay for their security and whether they will return to royal duties one day.
FILE - Britain's Prince William and Britain's Prince Harry walk beside each other after viewing the floral tributes for the late Queen Elizabeth II outside Windsor Castle, in Windsor, England on Sept. 10, 2022. (AP Photo/Martin Meissner, File)
The Associated Press has learned that Prince Harry and Meghan have decided to return to the United Kingdom for an extended stay starting this fall, but they won’t resume their roles as working members of the royal family. A person close to the Sussexes who was not authorized to speak publicly told the AP about the decision Wednesday. The person says King Charles III was alerted to the decision on Sunday and wasn’t told about it during the couple’s visit to the U.K. last month. Harry and Meghan’s children are 7 and 5 and have already enrolled at British schools. They will start classes in September.


