President Donald Trump is expected to appear on the radio show of his former fixer-turned-foe Michael Cohen. The interviewed being broadcast later Thursday will be a dramatic public reunion with the man who once called Trump a “Cheeto-dusted cartoon villain” and testified against him both in court and before Congress. Cohen served prison time for what he told a judge was his efforts to cover up Trump's “dirty deeds.” He has since said he and Trump have started to reconcile. Cohen says Trump's taped interview will air on his 77 WABC program Thursday evening and Sunday.
The pilot of a speedboat that capsized during a tour around the Statue of Liberty has been arrested by U.S. immigration authorities who say he was in the country illegally. The Department of Homeland Security said Wednesday that Manuel Ernesto Hernandez-Umana falsely claimed he was a U.S. citizen when he entered the country in 2007. Hernandez-Umana has a pending federal criminal case in connection with the Aug. 8 crash that killed an infant and her mother. Online records show the 46-year-old citizen of El Salvador is being held at a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention facility in Elizabeth, New Jersey. The Homeland Security secretary said Hernandez-Umana will eventually be deported. His lawyer declined comment.
Minnesota's attorney general is suing the governor of Texas, asking a federal judge to compel the extradition of a federal immigration agent charged with wounding a man and then lying about it during an immigration crackdown in Minneapolis. Attorney General Keith Ellison says Texas Governor Greg Abbott has not signed papers to extradite Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent Christian Castro since his arrest in Texas in May. Abbott said he won't respond to extradition requests from Minnesota until the state acknowledges fault in ongoing fraud investigations Trump used to justify his immigration surge there.
A Georgia man has been charged with burglarizing former NASCAR driver Greg Biffle's home after he and his family died in a plane crash. Iredell County Sheriff Darren Campbell said Tuesday 44-year-old Terrell Williams is facing numerous felony charges, including second-degree burglary and money laundering. Williams was in custody in Cobb County, Georgia. Jail records did not list an attorney. Biffle, his wife and his two children, along with three others, died in the Dec. 18 crash. Authorities reported a break-in at the family’s home on Jan. 8, saying $30,000 in cash, two Glock handguns and NASCAR memorabilia were stolen.
This July 2026 booking photo provided by the Cobb County, Ga., Sheriff's Office, shows Terrell Williams, 44, who is being held in a Cobb County, Ga., jail and is facing charges in North Carolina in the burglary of late NASCAR driver Greg Biffle's home following his death in a plane crash. (Cobb County Sheriff's Office via AP)
FILE – Larry Greene, public information director of the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility, demonstrates how a curtain is pulled between the death chamber and witness room at the prison in Lucasville, Ohio, in Nov., 2005. (AP Photo/Kiichiro Sato, File)
FILE - Law enforcement vehicles sit parked outside the Florida state prison in Starke, Fla., on Tuesday, July 28, 2026. (AP Photo/David Fischer, file)
A federal judge in Miami has postponed a hearing on whether social media influencers Andrew and Tristan Tate should remain in custody. The brothers are fighting extradition to the United Kingdom, where they are accused of rape and sex trafficking. The hearing had been scheduled for Thursday, but U.S. Magistrate Lauren Louis moved it to Aug. 27. Louis will be deciding if the brothers should stay in jail or be released during what could be a monthslong extradition process. The brothers have repeatedly denied wrongdoing. The Tates have been detained at the Federal Detention Center in Miami since making a brief court appearance two days after their July 18 arrest.
FILE - Law enforcement officers kettle protesters outside Delaney Hall detention center Sunday, May 31, 2026, in Newark, N.J. (AP Photo/Adam Gray, File)
Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s plan to give officers gloves that deliver painful electric shocks is facing criticism from Democratic elected officials and civil rights advocates, who call it unnecessary and cruel. A notice published Monday says ICE plans to spend up to $20 million to outfit officers and agents with “conductive distraction and de-escalation devices." New York Attorney General Letitia James said Wednesday that she is outraged by the plan and warned that ICE officers who misuse the gloves in her state could face criminal and civil consequences. The Department of Homeland Security, ICE’s parent agency, says it Is working to ensure officers “have the tools and equipment necessary to safely arrest and remove criminal illegal aliens."


