Blaine Cornelison Cornelison On Dec. 8, 2020, the Meadow Lakes Community lost long-term area resident Blaine Cornelison. Born to Ellis and Elsie on Jan. 17, 1958, in Pocatello, Idaho, he was the youngest of nine children. In the early 1970s, he packed up and headed north to Alaska. Blaine enjoyed traveling around the state of Alaska for his work as an environmental engineer, even starting his own logistics company. In his later years, he became an avid history buff and authority on World War II. Blaine loved to share his knowledge with everyone. It was said Blaine never met a stranger. He made friends everywhere he went. He is fondly remembered by friends, family and neighbors for his generous spirit and kind heart. Blaine was always there with a helping hand for anyone that needed it. He is survived by his beloved wife, Dianne; and son, Kaj; siblings, Bud (Tammy), Lynn (Denise), Curtis (Neena), Dennis and Janet (Larry) Tomlinson; and many aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, and nephews. Blaine was preceded in death by his parents, and brothers, Jerry, Brent and Floyd. A Celebration of Life was held on December 17, 2020 in Wasilla, Alaska. Condolences may be sent to the family at Cornelison Funeral Home, 431 N. 15th Ave., Pocatello.
- Police: Driver crashes into Pocatello business and then leaves scene to get fast food
- Mandates rolled back in rural eastern Idaho counties amid slowing virus cases
- Prep Roundup 1-16-21: Highland wrestling takes first place in Tiger Grizz Invitational
- Hadley Humpherys' monster double-double gives Blackfoot revenge win against Century
- Mormon leaders condemn 'lawless behavior' at US Capitol
- Local woman who tortured child by holding him underwater sentenced to prison
- Two injured in crash near Bannock County Courthouse in Pocatello
- Pocatello Clarion Inn to remain open as hotel
- Idaho National Guard deploys to Washington, D.C. for inauguration
- Motorcyclist critically injured in crash in Pocatello neighborhood
Search the complete digital archives for all papers in the Pioneer News Group.