Two fires in Pocatello

A family’s Fort Hall home was destroyed by a chimney fire Monday evening.

Responders from Fort Fall Fire and EMS and the Blackfoot Fire Department arrived at the one-story home on Little Indian Road at 6:30 p.m. Monday, according to the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes.

Firefighters controlled the fire in under an hour, before spending several more hours putting out the fire and trying to save the occupants’ personal items.

The fire was due to a faulty chimney.

“Upon arrival of all the fire units, the majority of the roof was on fire,” Fort Hall Fire Chief Eric King stated in a Shoshone-Bannock Tribes press release. “The residence was a total loss.”

The fire caused no injuries to the residents or firefighters.

The Shoshone-Bannock Tribal resources and Red Cross are assisting the family.