The Clarion Inn in Pocatello closed its doors for about two months on Wednesday. The hotel’s remaining customers have been redirected to another hotel, according to Marisa Sandon, the sales and front desk manager. Sandon said business has been really slow since Idaho’s shelter-in-place order was declared recently to slow the spread of coronavirus. “We’re all very sad about this. We all love this place,” Sandon said. “The employees are like family. We’re all going to miss not seeing each other every day and the guests. We have a ton of regulars. We’ll miss seeing them.”
- Read the latest edition of the Idaho State Journal in our e-edition format, which combines the familiarity of the printed-paper format with the convenience of reading on your phone, tablet or desktop computer from anywhere.
- Eight new COVID-19 cases identified in Southeast Idaho
- Rooftop bar in Lava Hot Springs to host grand opening Independence Day weekend
- Storm exposes 100-year-old shipwreck in the Great Salt Lake
- Former Idaho cop gets up to 10 years in prison for sex crimes against minors
- Ogden officer killed, another hurt in shootout; gunman also dead
- Idaho teen hopes to find a loving family
- Twin Falls County leads state in COVID-19 deaths, but cases mounting in Southeast Idaho
- Grizzly bear mauls mountain biker
- Missing Pocatello boy has been located
- George Floyd protesters set Minneapolis police station afire
Search the complete digital archives for all papers in the Pioneer News Group.