• The Pocatello-Chubbuck Chamber of Commerce will host an all-member meeting today at the Clarion Inn. The sponsor is Gold’s Gym and the program is an ISU update with President Kevin Satterlee. Trade tables open and check-in begins at 11:30 a.m., and lunch and the meeting begin at noon. Cost is $15. To reserve your spot, call the chamber at 208-233-1525, email email@example.com or visit pocatelloidaho.com.
• Al-Anon, a group for friends and family members of alcoholics, meets Fridays at noon at Family Services Alliance, 355 S. Arthur Ave. in Pocatello. For more information, call 208-232-2692
• First Friday Art Walk takes place from 5 to 8 p.m. today at various locations throughout Old Town Pocatello. Admission is free, and refreshments will be served.
• Wanderlust and Dunk Burger will host Oktoberfest from 5 to 9 p.m. today at Wanderlust, 1799 Hurley Drive, Suite. A, in Pocatello. They will have a stein hoisting contest, cornhole competition and a Dunk eating competition. Call 208-417-0713 to sign up for cornhole.
• The ISU Symphonic Band, Civic Concert Band and the Snake River New Horizons Band will perform their first concert of the semester at 7:30 p.m. today in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are available by calling or visiting the Stephens Performing Arts Center Box Office at 208-282-3595, or at the ISU Pond Student Union Building. Children under the age of 6 will not be admitted.
• The Comedy Project performs at 8 p.m. every Friday, with doors opening at 7:30 p.m. at MP Dance Studios on 575 E. Second Ave. in Pocatello. Admission is $8 or $5 with a student ID. While live, unscripted comedy can be unpredictable, the performers attempt to maintain an approximately PG-13 rating.
Today & Saturday
• Oktoberfest will be held today and Saturday in Lava Hot Springs. There will be fun, music, food, vendors, kids carnival, duck race, raffle, bingo, crazy hamster race, punkin’ chunkin’, fire spinning and a costumed fun run. The Oktoberfest Kickoff Party will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the Riverside Hot Springs Inn and Portneuf Grille & Lounge. The main event with unlimited beer tasting will take place from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday. For more information and a full schedule of events, visit oktoberfest.lavahotsprings.org.
• Westside Players will put on a production of Agatha Christie’s thriller “Witness for the Prosecution” today and Saturday at The Warehouse, 1009 S. Second Ave. in Pocatello. Doors open at 6 p.m., dinner is served from 7 to 7:30 p.m., and the play begins at 8 p.m. Tickets are $17 for just the show and $35 for dinner as well. For tickets and more information, visit westsideplayers.org.
• The Palace Playhouse, 158 E. Chubbuck Road, will present “The Addams Family” musical at 7 p.m. today and Saturday. Tickets are $20 for the show only or $29.50 to $41.50 if you have dinner, which starts at 6 p.m., and can be purchased at palaceplayhouse.com.
• Old Town Actors Studio, 427 N. Main St., Suite G, in Pocatello, will present “Junie B. Jones is Not a Crook” at 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday. Tickets for the production are $12. For reservations, visit oldtownactorsstudio.net. For more information, call 208-478-6886.
• ISU’s Department of Theatre and Dance will put on a production of “Last Train to Nibroc” at 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday at the Stephens Performing Arts Center’s Black Box Theatre in Pocatello. Tickets are $15 for adults, $14 for seniors, faculty and staff, $10 for children and $7 for ISU students with a Bengal ID and can be purchased at isu.edu/tickets or by calling 208-282-3595.
• The newly remodeled Bengal Theater reopens this weekend with “Hobbs and Shaw” showing at 7:30 and 9:45 p.m. today and at 4:30 and 7 p.m. Saturday. The Rock and Jason Statham star in this “Fast & the Furious” spinoff that finds the two enemies teaming up to stop a diabolical threat against humanity. (Rated PG-13) Admission is $3 for the public, $2 for ISU staff and children under 12, and free for ISU students with Bengal ID.
• The annual Health and Wellness Expo will be held from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Stephens Performing Arts Center in Pocatello. There will be free health screenings and flu shots. Admission is free.
• The Great Pumpkin Festival will take place in Old Town Pocatello from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. The Portneuf Valley Farmers Market will move to Main Street and a variety of new vendors will be on hand with items for holiday decorating and gift giving. There will be a pie baking contest, face painting, music, food and lots of fun for the entire family. For more information, visit www.oldtownpocatello.com.
• Members of the Idaho Falls Gem & Mineral Society are sponsoring their ninth annual Members Rock, Gem & Jewelry Sale from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Pinecrest Event Center, 560 E. Anderson Ave. in Idaho Falls. General admission is $3 with children under 12 getting in free.
• Deckadence Board Shoppe is hosting a youth skateboard competition on Saturday at Ross Park in Pocatello. Registration is from 10 a.m. to noon. The competition begins at noon. There is a $10 entry fee.
• Cassy’s Caring Paws, 326 N. Main St. in Pocatello, and One Who Hopes Photography will be hosting “Hairy Paw-ter Halloween Dog Photos” from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday. This Harry Potter-themed Halloween pet portrait fundraiser includes two printed images and digital copies for $45. Proceeds benefit Yinny’s Promise Fund, which helps families with emergency vet bills.
• Zoo Idaho, 2900 S. Second Ave. in Pocatello, will host its annual OktoBEARfest from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday. Enjoy great times and great brews with beer tastings, animal encounters and a Taste of Hawaii will be on site for food purchases. This is a unique, over-21, after-hours zoo experience you don’t want to miss. All guests MUST present a valid photo ID to enter. Tickets are $25 and are available online at bit.ly/2ozERm9 or at the door.
• As part of its “A Season of Note” series, ISU will host John McEuen and the string wizards at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Stephens Performing Arts Center’s Jensen Grand Concert Hall in Pocatello. Tickets run $24 to $28 and can be purchased at www.idahostatetickets.com or by calling the box office 208-282-3595.
• Shawn Paulsen, “The Amazing Hypnotist Guy,” will put on a show at 8 p.m. Saturday at The Union Taproom, 230 W. Bonneville St. in Pocatello. Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the door and can be purchased at bit.ly/2n7WF7y.
Saturday & Sunday
• The 189th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be held Saturday and Sunday in Salt Lake City. The general sessions for individuals and families will be at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The women’s session for sisters ages 8 and older will be at 6 p.m. Saturday. All sessions will be streamed live at ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
To submit a community calendar item, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Limit entries to 100 words.