- The ninth annual Farm Bureau Salute to Idaho Veterans will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho, 275 Tierra Vista Drive in Pocatello.
- Al-Anon, a group for friends and family members of alcoholics, meets Fridays at noon at Family Services Alliance, 355 S. Arthur Ave. in Pocatello. For more information, call 208-232-2692.
- Gallows Frames & Gifts, 150 S. Fourth Ave. in Pocatello, will host its 38th annual Open House from 5 to 8 p.m. today. Join them for an evening of fun festivities, shopping and their big holiday reveal. Sweet treats and drinks will be provided.
- The Blackfoot Performing Arts Center will host the Bar J Wranglers at 7:30 p.m. today. Tickets are $25, $20, $15 and are available at blackfootpac.com or by calling 208-317-5508.
- The Comedy Project performs at 8 p.m. every Friday, with doors opening at 7:30 p.m. at MP Dance Studios on 575 E. Second Ave. in Pocatello. Admission is $8 or $5 with a student ID. While live, unscripted comedy can be unpredictable, the performers attempt to maintain an approximately PG-13 rating.
Today & Saturday
- The family film “Angry Birds 2” will play in ISU’s Bengal Theater at 7 and 9:45 p.m. today and at 4:30 and 7 p.m. Saturday. Based on the popular video game, the flightless birds and scheming green pigs take their feud to the next level. Admission is $3 for the public, $2 for ISU staff and children younger than 12 and free for ISU students with Bengal ID.
- Old Town Actors Studio, 427 N. Main St., Suite G, in Pocatello, will put on a production of “Last Lists of My Mad Mother” today and Saturday. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at oldtownactorsstudio.net. Doors will open at 7 p.m., and the show will begin at 7:30 p.m.
- ISU’s Department of Theatre and Dance will put on a production of “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever” at 7:30 p.m. today and at 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Stephens Performing Arts Center’s Bistline Theatre in Pocatello. Tickets are $15 for adults, $14 for seniors, faculty and staff, $10 for children and $7 for ISU students with a Bengal ID and can be purchased at isu.edu/tickets or by calling 208-282-3595.
- There will be a Christmas Boutique and Salad Bar Luncheon from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Blackfoot Methodist Church. 168 S. University Ave. There will be crafts, needle crafts and homemade breads and sweets. Lunch is $10 and includes an array of salads, roll, homemade pie and a beverage. Everyone is welcome.
- Muggle Magic 2019 will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Idaho Museum of Natural History on ISU’s campus. The museum has combined the magical world of Harry Potter with the real magic of science to bring Idaho the original Muggle Magic! We will transform the IMNH into the IMNH School of Nature and Science. Tickets are $12 per child in advance and can be purchased at bit.ly/2rbUh1i. Tickets are $15 at the door. Accompanying adults receive free admission.
- The Pocatello area Parkinson’s support group will hold its monthly luncheon at noon Saturday at the Senior Activity Center, 437 N. Sixth Ave. in Pocatello. There will be socializing and card games after the luncheon.
- Soulscape Yoga Studio, 201 Jefferson Ave. in Pocatello, will host an open house from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday. There will be snacks, information and sales as well as free evaluations and consultations to see how yoga can help you.
- The Idaho State Bengals football team will take on the Eastern Washington Eagles at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Holt Arena in Pocatello.
- ISU’s African Student Association will host African Night at 6 p.m. Saturday in the Pond Student Union Ballroom. Attendees of African Night will experience authentic African culture through food, dance, literary work and other performances. Tickets are $7 for ISU students and $8 for the public. Tickets can be purchased at tinyurl.com/AfricanNight2019, at the information desk in the SUB, at the African Student Association table in the SUB or at the door. Tickets are $10 if purchased at the door.
- Grammy Award-winning band Reckless Kelly will perform at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Colonial Theater, 498 A St. in Idaho Falls. Tickets run $30 to $45 and can be purchased at idahofallsarts.org.
- Second Saturday Contra Dance will be held at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the First Congregational United Church of Christ, 309 N. Garfield Ave. in Pocatello Rob Snow from Utah will teach and call the dances, with music by Bandáge à Trois. No partner or experience is needed. If you are new to contra dancing, arrive by 7:30 for the introductory session. Bring a snack to share during the break. For more information, email email@example.com or call 208-523-3847. Join the Facebook group at facebook.com/groups/PocatelloContra.
To submit a community calendar item, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Limit entries to 50 words.