• Today, the Portneuf Sangha, 424 W. Lewis St. in Pocatello, will continue to examine the Buddha’s Eightfold path, watching the second half of a recorded talk by Shaila Catherine on developing concentration in meditation. The morning begins with chanting practice from 9:15 to 9:45 a.m., followed at 10 a.m. with a 30-minute silent meditation period with guidance offered for those who would like it. After the meditation, the filmed teaching will be shown, and a brief discussion will follow. For more information, contact Paula and Tony Seikel at 208-775-3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit portneufsangha.org.
• There will be a celebration of life for Jake Gunchick, who recently died at lava Hot Springs, from 1 to 4 p.m. today at the Liberty Hall Event Center at 325 W. Benton St. in Pocatello.
• Al-Anon, a group for friends and family members of alcoholics, meets Sundays at 7 p.m. at Western Realty, 1179 Parkway Drive, Suite B, in Blackfoot. For more information, call 208-232-2692.
• The Comedy Project to host TreVor Wade and The U.S. THEY Tour at 8 p.m. today at 575 S. Second Ave. in Pocatello. If you’ve ever felt like you didn’t fit in the boxes, if your option was not listed on the drop-down menu, if you know what all the letters in LGBTQIA stand for, if you had no idea we were up to that many letters, if you’re open to a new point of view, if you want to trick a bigot, if you’re looking for a unicorn, this show is for you. Tickets will be available at the door starting at 7:30 p.m.; show starts at 8 p.m.
• The Pocatello Parkinson’s Support Group will meet at 11 a.m. Monday at Monte Vista Hills Health Care Center, 1071 Renee in Pocatello. Chris Owen will speak to us on the various medications used to treat parkinsonism. Anyone affected by Parkinson’s in invited to participate. For more information, contact Spencer at email@example.com or visit seimovdis.seimovdis.org.
• Al-Anon, a group for friends and family members of alcoholics, meets Mondays at noon at Mandarin House, 675 Yellowstone Ave. in Pocatello, and at 7 p.m. at Chubbuck United Methodist Church, 5147 Whitaker Road in Chubbuck.
• The Senior Building Ad-Hoc Committee will meet at noon Monday in Council Chambers at Pocatello City Hall.
• The Human Relations Advisory Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Iwamizawa Conference Room at Pocatello City Hall.
• The Sawabi Chapter of the Idaho Native Plant Society invites you to join them on a plant walk on Monday up the West Fork of Mink Creek. The plant and flower identification and storytelling will be led by Professor Karl Holte. Meet at 6 p.m. at the Idaho Museum of Natural History parking area adjacent to the bison statue on ISU’s campus to carpool, or meet the group at the West Fork Mink Creek trail head on Mink Creek Road at 6:30 p.m.
• Black Rock Gold Prospectors will meet at 6:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at the Veterans Memorial building, 300 N. Johnson Ave. in Pocatello. The meeting will be downstairs. The back door will be open at 6 p.m. All interested are welcome to attend to get tips on panning, sluicing, dredging, demos, equipment and metal detecting.