• Al-Anon, a group for friends and family members of alcoholics, meets Fridays at noon at Family Services Alliance, 355 S. Arthur Ave. in Pocatello. For more information, call 208-232-2692
• First Friday Art Walk will take place in Old Town Pocatello from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
• Oregon artist Jenny Loughmiller spent two years painting 100 hearts as her expression of gratitude for 100 women. Those hearts will be on display at the Pocatello Art Center, 444 N. Main St., today through July 25, and Loughmiller will be at the First Friday Art Walk event from 6 to 8 p.m. today to give tours of the exhibit.
• The Comedy Project performs at 8 p.m. every Friday, with doors opening at 7:30 p.m. at MP Dance Studios on 575 E. Second Ave. in Pocatello. Admission is $8 or $5 with a student ID. While live, unscripted comedy can be unpredictable, the performers attempt to maintain an approximately PG-13 rating.
Today & Saturday
• Caribou Jack’s, 50 E. Second S. in Soda Springs, will raise funds for Hooper Springs Park while hosting the #10 Extreme Kleener NASCAR simulator today and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day. Cost is $15 per session or three sessions for $30.
• The 2019 East Idaho Renaissance Faire will take place from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. today and Saturday at Yellowstone Bear World near Rexburg. Step back to a time of battle-hardened knights, fair maidens, and roving jesters. This family-friendly faire abounds with entertainment for all ages, and attendees can peruse the wares of food vendors and period-specific craftspeople. Admission is $8 for adults and $6 for children.
• Join the Adventure of Dragon Fyre’s whimsical renaissance faire today and Saturday at Hooper Springs Park in Soda Springs. Experience a day outdoors with sword fighting, singing pirates, mermaids, belly dancers, fairies and fantastic entertainers. We have unique wares for shopping and great faire food. Join in events such as costume contests, Hero of the Fair and the kid’s quest. Hours are from noon to dusk Thursday and 11 a.m. to dusk Friday and Saturday. Day tickets are $5 per person, and event tickets are $7 per person.
• The 38th annual Teton Valley Balloon Rally will take place today, Saturday and Sunday at the Teton County Fairgrounds in Driggs. Hot air balloons launch just after sunrise each morning. Visit tetonvalleyballoonrally.com for more information and to book your ride.
• Jim Dandy Brewing, 305 E. Lander St. in Pocatello, will hold its one-year anniversary and Fourth of July celebration today, Saturday and Sunday. There will be special anniversary mugs, an anniversary beer release, drink specials, live music and delicious food all weekend. Check out their Facebook page for more information.
• Blazing Grace Church will host a yard sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at 191 Jefferson Ave. in Pocatello.
• The Portneuf Valley Farmers Market will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Old Town Pavilion, 420 N. Main St. in Pocatello.
• The Idaho Fish and Game Take Me Fishing Trailer will be at Crowthers Reservoir in Malad from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. The trailer has all the gear and bait you need, and you don’t need a fishing license as long as you register at the trailer.