• Today, the Portneuf Sangha, 424 W. Lewis St. in Pocatello, will continue discussion of mindfulness of the body by watching and discussing the video talk by Tara Brach titled “Inhabiting Our Bodies with Presence.” There will be chanting practice from 9:15 to 9:45 a.m. and at 10 a.m., there is a 30-minute silent meditation period with guidance offered for those who would like it. After the meditation, the filmed teaching will be shown, and a brief discussion will follow. Light refreshments will be served. Everyone is welcome. There is no charge, but donations are welcome. For more information, contact Paula and Tony Seikel at 208-775-3183 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit portneufsangha.org.
• The Pocatello Unitarian Universalist Fellowship invites all to a worship program at 4 p.m. today at 309 N. Garfield Ave. in the church building behind Pocatello High School. The Rev. Jenny Peek will be in the pulpit. World-class pianist and PUUF Music Director Mark Neiwirth will provide music. The offering this month supports Aid For Friends.
• “Blinded By the Light” will be shown at 4:30 and 7 p.m. today in the Bengal Theater at the ISU Pond Student Union. Based on a true story, a British teenager with Pakistani heritage learns to live his life, understand his family and find his own voice through the empowering music of rock star Bruce Springsteen. (Rated PG-13) Admission is $3 for the public, $2 for ISU staff and children under 12, and free for ISU students with Bengal ID. For more information and trailer, go to www.pocatellofilmsociety.com.
• Shoshone-Bannock Casino Hotel in Fort Hall will host a Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony at 6 p.m. today. This event is free for the community to enjoy, and there will be complementary hay rides from 4 to 8 p.m. Bring a canned food item to receive a free hot chocolate.
• Al-Anon, a group for friends and family members of alcoholics, meets Sundays at 7 p.m. at Western Realty, 1179 Parkway Drive, Suite B, in Blackfoot. For more information, call 208-232-2692.
• The Idaho State University Cosmetology Program will hold a ribbon-cutting and grand opening at 10 a.m. Monday for its new wig room called The Hair Loft in Room 267 of the College of Technology Roy F. Christensen Building at 777 Memorial Drive in Pocatello
• Al-Anon, a group for friends and family members of alcoholics, meets Mondays at noon at Mandarin House, 675 Yellowstone Ave. in Pocatello, and at 7 p.m. at Chubbuck United Methodist Church, 5147 Whitaker Road in Chubbuck.
• The African Sister Cities Subcommittee will meet at 5 p.m. Monday in the Iwamizawa Conference Room at Pocatello City Hall.
• The Pocatello Arts Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the Paradice Conference Room at Pocatello City Hall.
• The Palace Playhouse, 158 E. Chubbuck Road in Chubbuck, will put on a production of “It’s a Wonderful Life, A Live Radio Show” at 7 p.m. Monday. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit palaceplayhouse.com.
• The 13th annual Christmas Angels Concert will be held at 7 p.m. Monday at Calvary Alliance Church, 800 Marinus Lane in Pocatello. This benefit concert is put on by Stephen Michaud and The Family singing a variety of Christmas, pop and original music. Admission is a new, unwrapped gift for a boy or girl if any age or a monetary donation. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
• There will be a tree lighting festival at 7 p.m. Monday in the ISU Pond Student Union in Pocatello. Come enjoy fun crafts, trolley rides, ice sculptures and great treats to get you in the holiday spirit.
To submit a community calendar item, email email@example.com. Limit entries to 50 words.