• Zoo Idaho and the Marshall Public Library are coming together to host Zoo Buddies, a reading literacy program developed specifically for children ages 0 to 5 and their caregivers, at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesdays throughout the summer. Storytellers from the Marshall Public Library and the Portneuf District Library join us in this 30-45 minute program. Children and their caregivers will enjoy several animal stories and may also enjoy an Animal Ambassador presentation or animal craft. This week’s topic is moose.
• The Pocatello Regional Airport Commission will meet at noon today in the Airport Conference Room.
• There will be a Site Plan Review meeting at 1:30 p.m. today in the Iwamizawa Conference Room at Pocatello City Hall.
• Al-Anon, a group for friends and family members of alcoholics, meets Tuesdays at 5:30 and 7 p.m. at the Friendship Club, 745 S. First Ave. in Pocatello. For more information, call 208-232-2692.
• Reclaim Idaho presents the #IdahoSpeaks community discussion series, featuring Justice Jim Jones and discussing ballot initiatives, at 6 p.m. today at the Senior Citizen’s Community Center, 535 W 21st St. in Idaho Falls. RSVP at bit.ly/33tH1E1.
• Reign softball is holding girls fast pitch tryouts in Pocatello. Tryouts for 14u and 16u will be from 6 to 8 p.m today at the OK Ward Park. For more information, call or text 208-530-8655 or 208-380-2002.
• Soda Springs Joint School District will host an open house for the Tigert Middle School gymnasium and classroom additions from 6 to 7:30 p.m. today at 250 E. Second S. in Soda Springs.
• The Leavitt Center Home of Empower Humanity will put on a production of “X-Spelled,” the untold story of the princess and the pea, at 7 p.m. today at 1030 E. Sublette Ave. in Pocatello. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the center or by calling 855-653-2487.
• Zoo Idaho will host Science Trivia Night at 7:30 p.m. today at Jim Dandy Brewing, 305 E. Lander St. in Pocatello. There are 15 science trivia questions and an engineering challenge, with prizes for the winners of the trivia and of the challenge. Cost is $15 per team (up to six people). Money is a donation to Zoo Idaho.
• Church of Christ, 3224 Hawthorne Road in Pocatello, will host a free Vacation Bible School today through Thursday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. each day. Ages 5-12 are welcome to attend. Come and enjoy Bible stories, crafts, games and puppets. Adults are welcome to stay. On Wednesday, there will be a Bible class for the adults. Register on the church’s Facebook page or at the door.
• The Oneida County Fair will take place today through Saturday at the Oneida County Fairgrounds in Malad.
• The Bear Lake County Fair will take place today through Saturday at the Bear Lake County Fairgrounds in Montpelier.
• The Franklin County Fair will take place today through Saturday at the Franklin County Fairgrounds in Preston.
• The Jefferson County Fair will take place today through Saturday at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Rigby.
• The Madison County Fair will take place today through Saturday at the Madison County Fairgrounds in Rexburg.
• Blackfoot Community Players will put on a production of “Annie Get Your Gun” at 7:30 p.m. today through Saturday at the Blackfoot Performing Arts Center, 870 S Fisher Ave.
• Oil painting classes are held every Wednesday at the Pocatello Art Center, 444 N. Main St., from 9 a.m. to noon. Instructor Karen Wardle welcomes beginners and students with experience who want to improve their skills. Classes are at $12.50. Call 208-232-0970 for more information.
• The Pocatello Development Authority will hold a special meeting at 11 a.m. Wednesday in the Paradice Conference Room at Pocatello City Hall.
• Al-Anon, a group for friends and family members of alcoholics, meets Wednesdays at noon at Mental Health Specialists, 210 W. Burnside Ave., Suite A, in Chubbuck. For more information, call 208-232-2692.
• The Portneuf River Vision Implementation Committee will meet at 3 p.m. Wednesday in the Paradice Conference Room at Pocatello City Hall.
• Revive@5 will take place from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Old Town Pocatello Pavilion, 420, N. Main St. in Pocatello. This week’s sponsor is Kruse Insurance. Music will be provided by Cold Water. Food will be provided by Thai Zap. Admission for the evening is free. The Wednesday Farmers Market will be open, too.
• The Idaho Network 4 Mental Wellness family support group meets every Wednesday at Life Inc., 640 Pershing Ave. in Pocatello. Classes on mental health meet at 5:45, and family support meets at 7 p.m. Families dealing with mental illness issues are encouraged to attend either or both meetings.