Thank you to all who participated and enjoyed Pocatello’s Fourth of July Parade! Congratulations to the parade winners:
- Best School Spirit: Pocatello High School
- Most Original Award: Chubbuck Stake, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Best Business/Commercial Award: ServPro
- Most Patriotic Award: Girl Scouts
- Grand Prize: Bengal Works
Special thanks to the Veterans of Foreign Wars, a Pocatello Branch, Post #735, of the United States of America Honor Guard, the Portneuf Valley ARES Group, Pocatello Police Department, Pocatello Street Department, our sponsors Idaho Central Credit Union and Portneuf Medical Center, and to the volunteers who worked to make the parade possible.
Another big week
- Stop in at Jim Dandy Brewing at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday for Science Trivia Night. There will be 15 science trivia questions and an engineering challenge, plus prizes for the winners of the trivia and of the challenge. Challenges are based on middle school level science and all materials needed for the challenge will be provided. Cost is $15 per team of up to six people. Money is a donation to Zoo Idaho!
- Menu specials for the week include: Make-your-own-burger Mondays at The Yellowstone Restaurant; $1 off on gyros on Tuesdays and Thursdays at The Grecian Key; $6 signature Philly cheese steak sandwiches on Tuesdays at ChubbyZ Sandwich Shoppe; all menu items $10 and under all day on Wednesdays at Villano’s Italian; $5.49 half a cobb salad special with a roll and butter at Food For Thought; fresh, delicious hand-rolled sushi at Sumisu; lunch buffet daily at A Taste of India & Nepal. Try the new Kahlua Burger at A Taste of Hawaii, comes with fries and spicy mayo. So many delicious options for lunch all week long. Come dine local this week!
- This week inside the Historic Yellowstone Hotel: At The Union Taproom, Karaoke Night is Tuesday beginning at 8 p.m., and DJ Trivia is Wednesday beginning at 8 p.m. Don’t miss Happy Hour from 4 to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday with half off craft or domestic beers. At The Yellowstone restaurant, wine tasting begins at 5 p.m. Tuesday. Enjoy an evening of jazz with Rail City Jazz performing Thursday night at 7 p.m. And at The 313 Whiskey Bar, enjoy Whiskey Wednesday Flight Night featuring Fiery Irish on Wednesday beginning at 4 p.m.
- The weather looks fantastic for Wednesday’s Revive@5! Come downtown and enjoy the evening as Mountain America Credit Union presents live music by Country Drive and delicious food by Nel’s Bi-Lo Market! There will be cold drinks, ice cream, the Farmers Market will be open, and of course, fun for the entire family! Don’t miss Revive@5 on Wednesday from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Old Town Pavilion.
- The Fun Time Carnival will be open in Old Town Pocatello beginning on Wednesday with Revive@5 and all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday. This old-fashioned carnival featuring rides, games, cotton candy and caramel apples will be located in the parking lot on the 300 block of North Union Pacific Avenue, behind the Old Town Pavilion. Be sure to plan to come enjoy this exciting, fun, family-activity in the historic heart of Pocatello.
- Old Town Pocatello is pleased to present Downtown Days Flea Market & Antique Show. On Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., vendors of all types will be set up in a festive style along North Main Street right next to the Portneuf Valley Farmers Market. Great shopping and delicious food in one beautiful location.
- Round River Baking will be selling bread at Station Square, 200 S. Main St., on Thursday beginning at 5 p.m. This bread sells out fast, so be sure to arrive early for the best selection.
- PV’s Uncorked on Main will host Uncorked Saturday Brunch this Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Menu includes PV’s Breakfast Pizza, stuffed french toast, zeppoles and spinach frittatas (for low-carb lovers) and more. And, of course, who can forget mimosas?
They will offer a variety of mimosas, mimosa flights and brass monkeys. Reservations are suggested, so call 208-233-1322 today.
- The First National Bar, 234 W. Center St., will host a Revive@5 after party with live music by The Blue Day Riders on Wednesday beginning at 8 p.m. On Saturday, enjoy Regatta de Blanc with the Canyon Bros. live on stage on Saturday. The show will begin at 9:30 p.m. with no cover.
- If your company is looking for high-quality, custom-imprinted or embroidered shirts and hats to promote your business, your team needs new shirts, or your family reunion is just around the corner, be sure to stop in at Alston T-shirt Printing & Embroidery at 245 N. Main St. They can custom design a graphic if you don’t already have one. Let this locally owned, family-friendly business work with you today to make you look great.
- Cherub Capers Creations, 115 N. Main St., is an adorable shop full of wonderful home decorating items, both new and vintage. Now open for summer hours, you can stroll through and shop on Wednesdays from 4 to 7:30 p.m, Thursdays and Fridays from 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Be sure to look through the selection of summer linens and decorative flags. This shop is an experience not to be missed.
- The “Old Town Alley — a Pocatello Urban Art Exhibit” is coming to Old Town Pocatello. Art Haus and Cottonwood Junction are excited to announce their first Outdoor Urban Art Exhibit to premiere Aug. 19 and run officially through the First Friday Art Walk on Sept. 6. A call for artists has been issued to paint individual or group murals for the exhibit. The theme is “Pocatello — A Reason to Smile.” Limited spaces are available and painting will commence Aug. 10 to 18. This event is sure to garner a lot of attention and donations from the project will benefit Relight the Night. For more information and to enter your mural design, contact Cottonwood Junction, 141 N. Main St., at 208-251-0929 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At Portneuf Valley Brewing this week, enjoy fan favorites like $2 tacos on Tuesday and Wednesday Steak Night. Best by Yesterday is returning to the stage Friday at 8:30 p.m. This local favorite will tempt you to bust out the sleeveless flannel as they shred alternative, grunge, pop and rock music. Coming to the stage on Saturday is The Blackrock Canyon Band to play the soulful sounds of classic rock favorites like the Eagles. On Sunday, enjoy Funday with table-top board games, handcrafted beer and great friends beginning at 5 p.m.
- First Friday Art Walk will take place Aug. 2 and Sept. 6 from 5 to 8 p.m.
- The second annual Neon Street Dance will take place Aug. 3 on East Center Street! Lots of neon, great food, cold drinks and live music featuring the Kyd-J Band and more.
- Welcome Back Orange & Black will take place Aug. 19 from 4 to 7 p.m. Vendor registration is now open for this wonderful opportunity to showcase your company and welcome back our Bengals. Visit www.oldtownpocatello.com for more information.
- End of Summer Bash will take place Sept. 4 from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Old Town Pavilion.
- Brewfest 2 will take place Sept. 7 from 4 to 9 p.m. on Main Street.
Stephanie Palagi is the executive director of Old Town Pocatello, Inc. The Old Town Pocatello office can be reached at 208-232-7545 or by visiting oldtownpocatello.com.