A New Hope LLC has moved to Old Town Pocatello and is located on the second floor of the Newberry Building, 150 N. Main St. A New Hope provides developmental services for children and adults with developmental disabilities. They offer services that improve the quality of life for children, adults and their families. We are happy to welcome this agency to Old Town Pocatello. For more information about their services, you may call 208-904-1950 or stop by their new offices.
Barricade is now open at 308 E. Center St. Barricade is a concept that has been a long time in the making, and it is finally coming to fruition. Who doesn’t long for the nostalgia of the classic arcade from the 1980s or 1990s? Plus, it’s fun to enjoy a beer or a glass of wine at the bar, but if you don’t play pool, throw darts, or sing karaoke, what are you supposed to do with yourself? Now you can enjoy playing arcade games with your friends while you drink a beer or enjoy a glass of wine. Barricade is a place to hang out and listen to cool music, chat with friends and cheer on a high-score victory! To learn more about Barricade, stop in for a game or two. They are open from 3 p.m. to midnight Tuesday through Saturday. Age 21+.
Healing Kneads Massage, 420 W. Lewis, is celebrating its second anniversary in Old Town Pocatello. Congratulations! If you want a fantastic massage, give Chelsea a call at 208-705-9705.
This week in Old Town
- A four-week beginning digital photography class starts on Thursday and continues Nov. 14, 21 and Dec. 5 at the Pocatello Art Center, 444 N. Main St. The classes run from 5 to 7 p.m., and the instructor is Richard Albright. This course will help students become comfortable with their digital cameras. You need to pre-register and pay fees at the center. Call 208-232-0970 for more information. Class size will be limited to five students.
- Round River Baking will be selling bread at Station Square, 200 S. Main St., on Thursday beginning at 5 p.m. This bread sells out fast, so be sure to arrive early for the best selection.
- PV’s Uncorked on Main will host Wine Pairing on Thursday beginning at 6:30 p.m. Five courses will be paired with five wines. Then on Saturday they will host their popular Uncorked Saturday Brunch from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Menu includes PV’s breakfast pizza, stuffed french toast, zeppoles and spinach frittata (for low-carb lovers) and more. And, of course, who can forget mimosas? They will offer a variety of mimosas, mimosa flights and brass monkeys. For reservations for the wine pairing or brunch, call 208-233-1322 today.
- Villano’s Italian offers all regular menu items on Wednesdays for $10. Enjoy delicious hand-made Italian pizza, pasta, calzones, salads and more at a great price.
- ChubbyZ’ Sandwich Shoppe is now offering BBQ Basket Wednesday. For $14.99, you get to enjoy apple wood smoked baby back ribs, sausage and a chicken leg with sides of potato salad, coleslaw and cornbread.
- On Thursday, The Yellowstone Lounge, inside the historic Yellowstone Hotel, will host the ISU Presents Concert Series. Enjoy live music featuring ISU students/faculty beginning at 7 p.m. Happy Hour begins at 4 p.m.
- The Union Taproom, inside the historic Yellowstone Hotel, has a special show planned for you this Saturday. Henry Gonzalez, formerly of the popular country band Highway 5, will be performing live from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Henry brings with him an eclectic mix of country, folk and rock songs and throws a few originals in there, too. Henry is an accomplished singer, guitarist and songwriter that has been on the regional music scene for over 10 years. Come on in and enjoy some great musicianship at the Union Taproom, along with their new expanded menu and huge selection of beer.
- Tuesday is your lucky day! It’s Taco Tuesday at Portneuf Valley Brewing. Shuffle on down for an awesome assortment of delicious $2 street tacos. Get out those dancing shoes Friday night and grab a date for dinner and dancing to Soul Full of Blues. Saturday night at PVB, Whistlepig returns for some great kicked back entertainment. Shows start at 8:30 p.m. both nights and are free. Grab your friends and make it a party. Come on down any night of the week to enjoy your favorite sports team on the new TVs at PVB in the pub. Check out all the specials and events at www.portneufvalleybrewing.com or the PVB Facebook page.
Stephanie Palagi is the executive director of Old Town Pocatello, Inc. The Old Town Pocatello office can be reached at 208-232-7545 or by visiting oldtownpocatello.com.