Welcome Cherub Capers Creations to Old Town! Now open on Friday and Saturdays at 115 N. Main St., they feature unique, one-of-a-kind vintage revamps, antiques, collectibles, linens and clothing. They are a small business run by women who are happy to assist you in finding the right item at the right price to fit your decorating, gifting and collecting needs. Be sure to stop in and do some shopping.
First Friday Art Walk and more this week in Old Town
- The Yellowstone restaurant, 230 W. Bonneville St., is excited to announce that lunch is now be served Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. There are paninis, wraps, salads, soups and, yes, a burger. All come with a small side salad or the famous Yellowstone Fries. Call ahead and pick up or dine in. They accept orders starting at 10:30 a.m. by calling 208-234-7000. Big parties welcome with advanced notice.
- The Yellowstone also has a week of events planned for your enjoyment: Tuesday is Wine Tasting with Micah 5 to 7 p.m., Wednesday features live music in the Lounge, and on Friday, enjoy First Friday Art Walk. With a daily happy hour from 4 to 6 p.m. and locally sourced menu items, The Yellowstone Restaurant is an exciting place to meet up with friends and co-workers, and a great place to make new acquaintances. Follow them on Facebook and Instagram, and visit theyellowstonerestaurant.com for a calendar of events and to make reservations (which are always recommended).
- The 313 Whiskey Bar, located right next to The Yellowstone Restaurant on Bonneville Street (across from the old Greyhound Station), has over 160 bottles of exquisite whiskeys. It’s the only whiskey bar in Pocatello or Chubbuck, and it’s ready for you to check it out. Order appetizers, salads or desserts from The Yellowstone restaurant to compliment your cocktail.
- Plan to enjoy the December First Friday Art Walk on Friday. From 5 to 8 p.m., stroll through Old Town and experience art, music, food, fashion and more. Admission is free and so is parking. You will find many gift giving and holiday decorating ideas throughout our participating locations. The event guide listing all of the locations for this month will be available on our website, www.oldtownpocatello.com, on Thursday.
- The Pocatello Co-op will be hosting its annual WinterFest on Friday evening in conjunction with First Friday Art Walk. They will host seven local artists and a charming evening from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Give the gift of a delicious Italian meal this Christmas. Gift cards are now available at Villano’s Italian Restaurant, 165 N. Main St.
- Celebrate an Old Fashioned Christmas with Idaho’s Antique Row! They are sponsoring a coloring contest for all age groups. Pick up your coloring page at any participating Antique Row store. There are different pages for ages 0 to 6, 7 to 15, and 16-plus. Turn in your beautifully colored page no later than Dec. 11. Winners in each age group will receive four tickets to the Reel Theatre and a “snack pack” to enjoy at the movie.
- The First National will host Columbia Jones live on stage on Saturday evening beginning at 10 p.m.
- Holiday party season is in full swing at Portneuf Valley Brewing. If you have a last-minute holiday party that you’d like to book, email Penny at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will see if she can squeeze you in. If you book your party in January Penny will waive the room rental fee for The Loft. This Friday Allen Ross’s band, Frame of Reference, will be jamming at PVB from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m. The show is free. Although there will be no band at PVB on Saturday because of a couple large caterings in The Loft, come on down for a nice quiet dinner and try the great new beers on tap, or try the new LOVE Kombucha. Tuesday is Acoustic Jam night from 7 to 9 p.m. Come to listen. Come to play.
- On Dec. 14 from 3 to 7 p.m., Idaho’s Antique Row invites you to an Open House, where you can experience the sights and sounds of Christmas past and enjoy light refreshments as you explore each unique, locally owned shop. Be sure to pick up a gift tag (one per family), have it stamped at each store, and leave it at your last stop to be eligible to win one of five gifts at 7:30 p.m. at Kanda’s, donated by Her Alibi Antiques, 211 S. Fourth Ave.; Kanda’s, 410 S. Main St.; Old Town Mercantile, 134 N. Main St.; Vain & Vintage, 149 N. Main St. and Elwen Cottage, 334 N. Main St. Get your free selfies with Santa from 3 to 7 p.m. at Kanda’s as well.
- On Dec. 15, Old Town Pocatello will host the first-ever Downtown Dollar Drop. Hundreds of dollars worth of Downtown Dollars will be distributed throughout our community. Watch for more details coming soon.
Stephanie Palagi is the executive director of Old Town Pocatello Inc. The Old Town Pocatello office can be reached at 208-232-7545 or by visiting oldtownpocatello.com.