Haunted History Walking Tour tickets now available
Our favorite paranormal investigators are back! SPIRO Paranormal and Old Town Pocatello are pleased to present the 11th annual Haunted History Walking Tours. Tour dates are Oct. 12, 18, 19, 25 and 26 with Friday tours beginning at 7 p.m. and Saturday tours beginning at 6 p.m. During the tour, you will visit four haunted buildings in Old Town Pocatello, not just walk by them, but go inside to learn about the history and experience for yourself the sights and sounds or paranormal activity. Tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for young adults ages 8-15. Tickets must be purchased in advance and group sizes are limited. Our tours sell out each year, so don’t wait to get your tickets. Visit our website, www.oldtownpocatello.com, for ticket information and to purchase your tickets. Cameras and flash lights are welcome on our tours. Yes, we will be visiting a famous high school on this year’s tour!
So much to do this week in Old Town
- Your favorite place for academic tutoring has moved to a larger location! Now at 427 N. Main St., Suite H, Maggie’s Place Learning Center offers personalized and affordable, one-on-one tutoring for students K-12 in math, English language arts, ACT/SAT prep, along with study and organizational skills. Maggie’s Place Learning Center is open Monday through Friday from 3 to 8 p.m. and on Saturdays by appointment. Stop by anytime to speak with our Director Dan Randall, and schedule your student’s free academic assessment. Also, be on the lookout for their open house in late October. Check out their website for more information: www.maggiesplacelearning.com.
- Main Steam Coffee & Desserts, 234 N. Main St., invites you in to enjoy a delicious coffee drink and a variety of sweets and locally made items. They offer free Wi-Fi and a perfect spot to study. Student discounts with your student ID, both ISU and local high schools. And all clients receive loyalty cards, buy eight drinks and receive your ninth drink free. Be sure to try their Poky Pride or, just in time for ISU Homecoming, try their new Bengals Roar Latte.
- The October First Friday Art Walk will take place in locations throughout Old Town on Friday from 5 to 8 p.m. Plan to stroll through Old Town and enjoy art, music, food, fashion and fall décor. The event guide will be posted on our website, www.oldtownpocatello.com on Thursday. First Friday Art Walk is free for the community to enjoy. Parking is free as well. If you haven’t enjoyed a First Friday Art Walk before, make it a point to come downtown this Friday. You won’t be disappointed!
- Old Town Pocatello is pleased to present The Great Pumpkin Festival on Saturday. The Portneuf Valley Farmers Market will move to Main Street and a variety of new vendors will be on hand with items for holiday decorating and gift giving. There will be a pie baking contest, face painting, music, food and lots of fun for the entire family. The fun starts at 9 a.m. and continues until 2 p.m. For more information, including vendor registration information, visit www.oldtownpocatello.com.
- Cassy’s Caring Paws, 326 N. Main St., and One Who Hopes Photography will be hosting “Hairy Paw-ter Halloween Dog Photos” on Saturday from noon to 3 p.m. This Harry Potter-themed Halloween pet portrait fundraiser includes two printed images and digital copies for $45. Proceeds benefit Yinny’s Promise Fund, which helps families with emergency vet bills.
- Villano’s Italian, 168 N. Main St., will be featuring two art walk specials on Friday. Choose between their famous lobster and shrimp mac and cheese or their three-meat trio pasta. Experience the art of delicious homemade Italian cuisine at Villano’s this Friday.
- Entertain, or be entertained, at The Union Taproom with stage hypnotist, Shawn Paulsen aka “The Amazing Hypnotist Guy,” on Saturday. Shawn provides a contemporary, lively, upbeat hypnosis show involving both comedy and hypnosis. Tickets are now available for the show. They are $10 in advance or $15 at the door. Visit The Union Taproom on Facebook for ticket information.
- Westside Players will present Agatha Christie’s “Witness For The Prosecution” beginning Friday and running each Friday and Saturday through the month. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are available with dinner or for the show only. To purchase tickets, visit their website at www.westsideplayers.com or call 208-234-2654.
- The Grecian Key Restaurant has a new roof and new flooring. If you stop in this month to enjoy a delicious Greek meal, mention the new floor and roof and you will receive a free soda. Don’t forget on Tuesday and Thursdays, save $1 on pita sandwiches. On Fridays, order any sandwich and receive a free order of small fries until 3 p.m.
- Round River Baking will be selling bread at Station Square, 200 S. Main St., on Thursday beginning at 5 p.m. This bread sells out fast so be sure to arrive early for the best selection.
- At The Yellowstone restaurant, enjoy wine tasting every Tuesday at 5 p.m. Stop in for Happy Hour every Monday through Saturday from 4 to 6 p.m. and enjoy half off cocktails, beer and wine. On Thursday, stop in for Jazz & Blues featuring Rail City Jazz. Music begins at 7 p.m.
- The First National Bar, 234 W. Center St., will host The Discographers live on stage beginning at 10 p.m. Saturday. No cover.
- Let loose with free live music this weekend and football games all week long at Portneuf Valley Brewing. Bring your friends and dancing buddies down early Friday night for a dinner/date night dancing to the rock cover-band, Coldwater, performing from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m. Red Hill Junction will follow up on Saturday night also starting at 8:30 p.m. with a fun, non-traditional jazz performance perfect for dinner and a show with loved ones. Both shows are free. PVB has new TVs set up so you can enjoy the latest NFL games on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays. Enjoy great food and drinks specials during the game.
Stephanie Palagi is the executive director of Old Town Pocatello, Inc. The Old Town Pocatello office can be reached at 208-232-7545 or by visiting oldtownpocatello.com.