Thank you to the staff at Myers Anderson Architects for hanging the lovely flower baskets throughout Old Town. It was a pleasure to work with you and add so much beauty to our streets. Thank you.
Thank you to all of the flower basket sponsors who have made the baskets possible this year. We will be publishing the final list very soon. It is not too late to become a sponsor. Contact the Pocatello-Chubbuck Chamber of Commerce at 208-233-1525.
Thank you to the Civitan Youth Seminar participants, the Junior Civitans and the seminar coordinators who worked in Old Town on Thursday. This very hard-working group spent a day of service working at the Idaho Foodbank, planted flowers, weeded flower beds, cleaned up the Center Street Underpass and planted flower seeds at The Kind Village. Lots of hard work was accomplished with lots of smiles and laughter. Thank you for working to bring even more beauty to our neighborhood.
Thank you to the Senior Activity Center staff and volunteers, all vehicle owners and the Portneuf Valley Farmers Market for all working together to make this year’s Rod & Custom Car Show such a wonderful success on Saturday. Thank you to Rick Cheatum who served as our master of ceremony. Thank you to the judges who had a very difficult time choosing between all of the beautiful cars, trucks and motorcycles. And a special thanks to Kevin Lish for working so hard to help coordinate and plan the event.
Fourth of July Parade
Registration for this year’s Fourth of July Parade is now open at www.oldtownpocatello.com. We are so honored to once again be the host site for this annual celebration of the U.S.A. Our returning sponsors, Idaho Central Credit Union and Portneuf Medical Center, are excited to invite the community to participate. The parade route will be the same as last year, beginning at the Old Town Pavilion and traveling along Main Street, ending on South First Avenue. The parade will begin moving at 10 a.m. Plan now to come out and enjoy all of the spectacular floats, bands, horses, tributes and red, white and blue.
This week in Old Town
- Villano’s Italian, 165 N. Main St., is now open again for regular hours, Monday through Saturday. Stop in this week and enjoy a delicious lunch or dinner.
- The Old Town Alley; a Pocatello Urban Art Exhibit, is coming to Old Town Pocatello. Art Haus and Cottonwood Junction are excited to announce the Outdoor Urban Art Exhibit to premiere Aug. 19 and run officially through the First Friday Art Walk on Sept. 6. A call for artists has been issued to paint individual or group murals for the exhibit. The theme is “Pocatello: A Reason to Smile.” Limited spaces are available and painting will commence Aug. 10 to 18. This event is sure to garner a lot of attention, and donations from the project will benefit Relight the Night. For more information and to enter your mural design, contact Cottonwood Junction, 141 N. Main St., at 208-251-0929 or email@example.com .
- If your company is looking for high-quality, custom-imprinted or embroidered shirts and hats to promote your business, your team needs new shirts, or your family reunion is just around the corner, be sure to stop in at Alston T-shirt Printing & Embroidery at 245 N. Main St. They can custom design a graphic if you don’t already have one. Let this locally owned, family-friendly business work with you today to make you look great.
- Revive@5 will take place from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Old Town Pocatello Pavilion, 420, N. Main St. in Pocatello. Plan to join us for live music, great food, cold drinks, family fun and, of course, great company. This week’s sponsor is the ISU College of Business and CEED, hosting a beach party with Idaho’s Antique Row. The band for the evening will be Steelhead Red. Food for the evening will be by Senor Garcias. Admission is free. The Wednesday Farmers Market will be open, too.
- This week inside the Historic Yellowstone Hotel: At The Union Taproom, it is Karaoke Night every Tuesday beginning at 8 p.m. and DJ Trivia on Wednesday nights beginning at 8 p.m. Don’t miss Happy Hour from 4 to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday with half off craft or domestic beers. The Aaron Ball Band will be performing live on Friday evening beginning at 7:30 p.m At The Yellowstone Restaurant and Lounge, enjoy Build Your Own Burger every Monday beginning at 4 p.m. Wine Tasting begins at 5 p.m. Tuesdays. At the 313 Whiskey Bar, enjoy Happy Hour every Monday through Saturday from 4 to 6 p.m. Half off whiskey cocktails!
- The First National Bar, 234 W. Center St., will host a Revive @ 5 After Party on Wednesday beginning at 8 p.m featuring Blue Day Riders. Live on stage on Saturday will be Crush. The show will begin at 10 p.m with no cover.
- This week at Portneuf Valley Brewing there’s something for everyone to love. Come by on Taco Tuesdays for delicious $2 street tacos that can’t be beat. Wednesday Steak Night is in full effect for the summer during which the PVB team will be grilling delicious meats on their outdoor deck to satisfy your barbecue needs. Friday means free live music from the band Chief of Police. This eclectic trio plays country, pop and classic rock with a mix of catchy originals and delightful covers. Saturday brings in the Brewery Comedy Tour opened and headlined by the hilarious Jeff McBride and Tony Brooklyn. Further details can be found on the PVB Facebook Page. Don’t forget to use discount code “PENNY” for cheaper tickets. On Sundays, PVB offers “Sunday Funday” game nights for you to gather your friends, drink some beer and play games that are both hilarious and challenging.
- The Portneuf Valley Farmers Market will be open on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Old Town Pavilion. Grab some great gifts for Father’s Day while you walk through and shop locally grown early produce, handmade crafts and jewelry and more.
- 4th of July Parade on July 4 beginning at 10 a.m.
- Flea Market and Farmers Market on Main Street from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 13. We are excited to announce the Fun Time Carnival will be open in Old Town Pocatello beginning on July 10 with Revive@5 and all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday during the Flea Market and Farmers Market. This old-fashioned carnival will be an exciting, fun, family activity to enjoy in the historic heart of Pocatello.
- Second annual Neon Street Dance on Aug. 3 on East Center Street. Lots of neon, great food, cold drinks and live music featuring the Kyd-J Band and more!
- Welcome Back Orange & Black from 4 to 7 p.m. Aug. 19. Vendor registration will open soon.
- End of Summer Bash from 5 to 9 p.m. Sept. 4 at the Old Town Pavilion.
- Brewfest 2 from 4 to 9 p.m. Sept. 7 on Main Street.
Stephanie Palagi is the executive director of Old Town Pocatello, Inc. The Old Town Pocatello office can be reached at 208-232-7545 or by visiting oldtownpocatello.com.