POCATELLO — You are invited to the Bannock County Historical Museum’s 2019 holiday open house from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at 3000 Avenue of the Chiefs in Pocatello. This celebration is free and open to the public, so bring along family and friends. There will be finger foods and punch in the lobby, and the following entertainment:
• BCHS Board President Arlen Walker will be reading “A Child’s Christmas in Wales” at 11 a.m., during which Walker will highlight differences in language use and culture between the U.S. and Wales.
• Museum Director Lynn Murdoch will be reading “The Night Before Christmas” at 11:30 a.m.
• Walker will then read “The Little Match Girl” at 11:45 a.m.
• Beginning at noon, a video of 2,000 historic images from the museum archives will begin to display in the gallery and will run the remainder of the day.
• The Snake River New Horizons Band, conducted by Casey Emmerson, will be playing some original arrangements of old Christmas favorites beginning at 1:30 p.m. for about an hour.
The museum has history-themed items and books available in the gift shop and family memberships for sale, which include an annual family pass to the Historical Complex.
We would love to have you stop by and spend a little quality time with us for the holidays. For more information, call 208-233-0434 or email email@example.com.